U.S. judge thr胎心率看胎儿性别ows out many metals price-fixing claims网络整理 2017-03-30 同城信息
By Jonathan Stempel
NEW YORK, March 28 (Reuters) - A U.S. judge on Tuesday significantly narrowed private litigation accusing several big banks and German chemical giant BASF SE (BASFn.DE) of conspiring to suppress platinum and palladium prices.
U.S. District Judge Gregory Woods in Manhattan dismissed claims against BASF, Switzerland's UBS Group AG (UBSG.S) , South Africa's Standard Bank Group Ltd (SBKJ.J) and the London Platinum and Palladium Fixing Co.
In a 104-page decision in the proposed class-action case, Woods said dismissal was appropriate because of a lack of proof these defendants conspired to fix prices, had sufficient ties to the United States, or both.
The judge also dismissed claims that Goldman Sachs Group Inc (GS.N) and HSBC Holdings Plc (HSBA.L) violated the U.S. antitrust law known as the Sherman Act, saying the plaintiffs were not "efficient enforcers" of that law.
Woods said the plaintiffs may pursue some price manipulation claims against Goldman and HSBC under the Commodities Exchange Act, citing their allegations that the defendants "engaged in conscious misbehavior or, at least, acted with recklessness."
Merrill Davidoff, a lawyer for the plaintiffs, in an email declined immediate comment, citing a need to review the decision.
Platinum and palladium are used in catalytic converters to curb vehicle emissions, and are also used in dentistry and jewelry.
The U.S. lawsuit is one of many where private plaintiffs have sought to hold banks and other defendants liable for rigging interest rates, commodities and currencies, separate from any punishments that regulators might seek to impose.
Purchasers of platinum, palladium and futures contracts for the metals accused the defendants of having from Jan. 1, 2008 to Nov. 30, 2014 conspired to rig the twice-daily platinum and palladium "fixings" and the prices of futures and options based on those fixings.
According to the complaint, the alleged misconduct included illegal sharing of customer data, using that data to engage in "front-running" of expected price moves, and manufacturing phantom "spoof" orders.
While the London Metal Exchange launched a new electronic fixing process on Dec. 1, 2014, the plaintiffs said this did not excuse the defendants from owing unspecified millions of dollars for their earlier losses.
The case is In re: Platinum and Palladium Antitrust Litigation, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, No. 14-09391.
- 03-30BRIEF-Rock Island Investors LLC reports a 11.4 pct passive stake in ICC Holdings Inc 猴宝宝几月生好as of Ma
- 03-30U.S. judge thr胎心率看胎儿性别ows out many metals price-fixing claims
- 03-30逆天了初恋动漫！这个古镇居然号称“全球最大” 还挑战吉尼斯
- 03-30Partner at New York hedge fund jumped飒漫乐画72 to his death -police
- 03-30Boeing airliner catche牛开头成语s fire in Peru, no serious injuries reported
- 03-30HIGHLIGHTS-The Trump presidency on March 28 at 9:50 p.m. EDT/March 英语句型29 0150 GMT
- 03-30BRIEF-Delta and Korean Air to风信子有毒吗 expand partnership
- 03-30French and Benelux stocks-Factors to w大禹治水atch on March 29
- 03-30BRIEF-Atossa Gene妊娠纹tics prices $4 mln public offering
- 03-30高中蜂胶的作用与功效生为自招花千元发论文 甚至雇人代笔
- 997℃今年建成4条高速公路 力争开通10条国风起苍岚爱优漫际航线
- 997℃南铁学生客流高峰持续 19日发送旅客量承认增幅近三成
- 997℃贵阳八旬老人“囫囵吞枣”险丧eunsol命 枣核刺破小肠壁
- 993℃羚羊角的功效与作用四川团伙国家执业资格考试中组织作弊 嫌犯全部落网
- 992℃大乐透026期开奖：头奖嫩模4注973万 奖池34.83亿
- 992℃strange国安客战智诚防线重组 外援2选1或用索里亚诺
- 992℃Boeing airliner catche牛开头成语s fire in Peru, no serious injuries reported
- 988℃22岁女子学美信任发归来患重病 体重不足百斤父亲为女换肾
- 02-25多地出台领导丈夫的英文干部“禁麻令” 下了班的公务员能干啥
- 03-12贵阳八旬老人“囫囵吞枣”险丧eunsol命 枣核刺破小肠壁
- 03-05沪一大波新规来袭火锅桌子 室内公共场所“全面禁烟”等
- 03-272017中国城市大学竞争力排行榜烈火青春 京沪汉雄居前三
- 03-07京媒卧室风水称输球找到自信 高层：国安打出死磕精神
- 02-233斤半刺梨的副作用重的肿瘤在肚中 男子还以为是胃下垂
- 贵阳 (52)
- 政府 (33)
- 资源 (29)
- 贵州 (28)
- 创业 (13)
- 城市 (10)
- 西安 (10)
- 国安 (10)
- 航线 (10)
- 贵阳银行 (9)
- 高铁 (9)
- 航班 (9)
- 活动 (8)
- 中国 (8)
- 银行 (8)
- 铁路 (8)
- 火灾 (8)
- 机关 (8)
- 纪委 (7)
- 列车 (7)
- 工作 (7)
- 春运 (7)
- 群体 (7)
- 人才 (7)
- 发布 (6)
- 老干妈 (6)
- 新疆 (6)
- 陶华碧 (5)
- 新增 (5)
- 景区 (5)
- 机场 (5)
- 房价 (5)
- 贵州省 (5)
- 张家港行 (5)
- 共享单车 (5)
- 旅游 (5)
- 大数据 (5)
- 大大 (5)
- 办公厅 (5)
- 党组织 (5)